Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access file giving issue while being read in multiple qvw

Hi All,

We developed one dashboard where we are referring to section access file.It is in below format.

Earlier dashboard which was using this file stopped working when we moved our dashboard to prod which is referring same file for section access.

newly added dashboard is working fine and no issues are there for newly added customers.

In prod there are 3398 users who are maintained in this file and accessing earlier dashboard.When they click on any country , one of the chart hangs.

In test it was working fine and without any issues.

Is there any restriction on number of users in section file.

section_access.png

chart_hang.GIF

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there are no limits by the users and I assume that your chart has a different issue as section access maybe caused by different releases between dev/test/prod environment.

Beside them it might be helpful for maintaining the section access data to use usergroups instead of single users and also a categorizing of the countries in an extra group-field like north/mid/south america or something similar might reduce the efforts.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.We recently undergone upgrade in prod system from 1.20 SR9 To SR15

Earlier dashboard was already in production and we moved our APAC dashboard which was replica of existing one.

We simply appended names of users in session file of prod.I was having access to one of the country from earlier dashboard and i was maintained as USER.

For my new dashboard , I was maintained as ADMIN.Can it be the case that same user is maintained as USER for one country and ADMIN for newly added countries.

We never faced any issue in Test environment when same file was being accessed for these 2 different qlikviews.

Earlier dashboard will appear on screen but when we make selection for any country one of the chart will move to hanged state.We are trying to find the issue.Last option will be to maintain separate file for new dashboard.

marcus_sommer

I haven't never tried to mix different ACCESS values for a single user within one section access and therefore I don't know if it could cause your issue. But I would try to avoid it in any case.

Further to find the reasons I would copy the application and removing the section access completely to look if the charts are working and then I would apply a simple section access with a small inline-statement and check again and then I would try it with your origin section access file.

Beside them take a look on the above mentioned option of strict exclusion - I'm not sure if this could interference with the server settings of having only one copy of an application within the RAM.

- Marcus