Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access on file with binary load

Hi,

Request someone to let me know whether section access on a Qlikview application which has been loaded by using binary load can work.

I have been conveyed that if an application is being loaded using binary load then the section access of the source application will be applicable to it and we cannot override that section access in the target / final application.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Harshraj Sanghvi

3 Replies
hemhund2016
Creator
Creator

That is wrong.

You can load the section access in source application and you can override it in the final application.

I have tested it a while ago.

Thanks,

Hemanth.

Not applicable
Author

Hello.

Are you trying to define Section Access using another qvw file??? Could you post a example?

Att.

Renato

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

From the HELP:

Inherited Access Restrictions

A binary load will cause the access restrictions to be inherited by the new QlikView document. A person with ADMIN rights to this new document may change the access rights of this new document by adding a new access section. A person with USER rights can execute the script and change the script, thus adding own data to the binary loaded file. A person with USER rights cannot change the access rights. This makes it possible for a database administrator to control the user access also to binary loaded QlikView documents.