Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaylaramsey2
Partner - Contributor III

Select In Field Trigger. Select one filter to force the selection of another

I'm struggling with my Select In Field Trigger.

I have a container object with 3 different charts in them.  One of the charts has Patient, ComplicationNM, and ComplicationNBR.  The ComplicationNBR can either be 1 or 0 (I'm using this field as a Numerator vs Denominator).  What I would like to have happen is whenever a ComplicationNM is selected I would like the ComplicationNBR to always be 1.

I need to use a trigger to force the other 2 charts in the container object to show my new population.

Anyone able to help?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can't you do something in your expression like:

=if( getselectedcount(ComplicationNM)>0, only({< ComplicationNBR = {"1"} >} ComplicationNBR), only(ComplicationNBR))

Let me know if that works. It would help to see your expressions if it doesn't.

Thanks,

Ben

kaylaramsey2
Author

That didn't seem to work for my trigger.  I was doing an 'OnActivateSheet' Trigger with the Field being ComplicationNM and the Search String as the expression you suggested.

Again,  It has to be a trigger to force the other charts on the same page to filter on ComplicationNBR = '1' when a ComplicationNM is selected.

What you provided I think would work if I was only worried about the one chart but I need two other charts to function the same.  I suppose I could add that expression in each chart but I think I would rather use a trigger.

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try:

Go to Settings > Document Properties > Triggers > Field Event Triggers > Select ComplicationNM field and then click Add Action(s) button under OnSelect > Add 'Select in Field' action > Type in ComplicationNBR for the Field >  Type in =1 in the Search String box.

Now whenever ComplicationNM field is selected, ComplicationNBR should automatically filter on 1.

Thanks,

Ben