Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select data that does NOT fall within a query range

Greetings.

I created a script which selected ONLY those data which meet a certain criteria.

In my case, the criteria were mainly a "clean-up" process --- meaning :  removing all fields with empty rows, garbage data, etc, etc

(Thanks to those of you who helped me greatly with my previous post.  Truly appreciate it 

Now that I have successfully "cleaned" my data, and stored it in a sheet, I need to retrieve the "unclean" data. 

Meaning, those data that were NOT clean  (the data which I excluded from my LOAD script).

In normal SQL, this would be as easy as saying :

"Select * from xxxxx where data_id NOT IN.........(select "clean data"....)"   , etc, etc

However, when I tried it in the QlikView script, I kept getting syntax errors.

(As a newcomer to QlikView, I've already learned that SQL query functions are not exactly the same as they are in QlikView.  Certain operators/funtions need to be changed/altered in certain ways).

The trouble is :  using Google to find those "certain ways" is not giving me any answers.

Here is my LOAD script  (the one I used to "clean" and "purge" garbage-data and empty spaces :

CUSTOMERS:

LOAD

lastName,

firstName,

streetAddress,  

phone,

postalCode

purgechar(lastName, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>,.;:_§|+[]{}%¨^~1234567890') as lastName_Clean,

purgechar(firstName, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>,.;:§_|[]{}%¨+^~1234567890') as firstName_Clean,

purgechar(streetAddress, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>;:§_|[]{}%¨+^~') as streetAddress_Clean,

purgechar(phone, '\''~!-´@#$€%^&*()\?/<>,.;:_§|+[]{}%¨^~') as phone_Clean,

purgechar(postalCode, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>,.;:§_|[]{}%¨+^~abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ') as postalCode_Clean

where len(trim(purgechar(streetAddress, chr(160)))) > 5 and

len(trim(purgechar(postalCode, chr(160)))) = 5 and postalCode <> '00000' and NOT IsNull(postalCode) and postalCode > '' and

len(trim(purgechar(postalOffice, chr(160)))) > 2 and 

len(trim(purgechar(email, chr(160)))) > 5 and

len(trim(purgechar(firstName, chr(160)))) > 1 and

len(trim(purgechar(lastName, chr(160)))) > 1;

SQL SELECT *

FROM CoreBOA.dbo.Customer;

Now, I need to get those data which I  "threw into the garbage-bin".............the data which falls OUTSIDE the range of this script.

5 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Do you have any primary Key field which gives unique row if yes then

You can use not Exist()

like,

CleanRecordScript:

Load PRimaryKey as CleanPrimaryKeyField,

from tableName;

NoConcatenate

UncleanRecords:

Load PrimaryKeyField as UncleanPrimaryKeyField

from tableName where not exists(CleanPrimaryKeyField,PrimaryKeyField);

regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hi Max_dreamer,

thanks for your response.

Sorry, I might need some clarification.

Yes, I do have a primary key;  it is "customerID".

But, should I add your code to my already-existing script (above) ?  Please, could you use my script as a template?

(the "CleanRecordScript" confuses me a bit 

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Try like

Customers:

SQL SELECT *

FROM CoreBOA.dbo.Customer;

NoConcatenate

CleanCustomerRecords:

LOAD customerID as CleanCustomerID,

lastName as CRLastName,

firstName as CRfirstName,

streetAddress as CRstreetAddress,  

phone as CRPhone,

postalCode as CRPostalCode,

purgechar(lastName, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>,.;:_§|+[]{}%¨^~1234567890') as lastName_Clean,

purgechar(firstName, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>,.;:§_|[]{}%¨+^~1234567890') as firstName_Clean,

purgechar(streetAddress, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>;:§_|[]{}%¨+^~') as streetAddress_Clean,

purgechar(phone, '\''~!-´@#$€%^&*()\?/<>,.;:_§|+[]{}%¨^~') as phone_Clean,

purgechar(postalCode, '\''~!-´@#$%^&*()\?/<>,.;:§_|[]{}%¨+^~abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ') as postalCode_Clean

where len(trim(purgechar(streetAddress, chr(160)))) > 5 and

len(trim(purgechar(postalCode, chr(160)))) = 5 and postalCode <> '00000' and NOT IsNull(postalCode) and postalCode > '' and

len(trim(purgechar(postalOffice, chr(160)))) > 2 and 

len(trim(purgechar(email, chr(160)))) > 5 and

len(trim(purgechar(firstName, chr(160)))) > 1 and

len(trim(purgechar(lastName, chr(160)))) > 1

Resident Customers;

NoConcatenate

NotCleanRecords:

LOAD *

Resident Customers

where not exists(CleanCustomerID,CustomerID)

Drop table Customers;

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for the helpful reply.

I'm getting an error somewhere;

The "debug" function says :

Garbage after statement

NoConcatenate

CleanCustomerRecords:

Not applicable
Author

Still having trouble with this