Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielle_v
Creator
Creator

Select value in one field on selection of a value in another field

Hi All,

I have a field called InvoicePeriod, and in order to measure one InvoicePeriod against another InvoicePeriod, I have assigned a serial number (I have called this field InvoicePeriodNumber).

I'd like to be able to select a value in my InvoicePeriod list box and for this to trigger a selection in my InvoicePeriodNumber field so that I can have expressions based on InvoicePeriodNumber vs. InvoicePeriodNumber - 1 for example.

There is always a one-to-one relationship between the two fields, however I'm just not sure how to force a selection on InvoicePeriodNumber when a selecetion is made based on InvoicePeriod. I've tried adding triggers, but can't seem to get it to work!

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

try to add a Field Event Trigger OnSelecti of InvoicePeriod field with:

Select In Field Action with

Field: InvoicePeriodNumber

Search String: =only({<InvoicePeriod={'$(=only(InvoicePeriod))'}>}InvoicePeriodNumber)

Hope this helps

MC

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

try to add a Field Event Trigger OnSelecti of InvoicePeriod field with:

Select In Field Action with

Field: InvoicePeriodNumber

Search String: =only({<InvoicePeriod={'$(=only(InvoicePeriod))'}>}InvoicePeriodNumber)

Hope this helps

MC

danielle_v
Creator
Creator
Author

This works perfectly, thank you so much for your help!

Not applicable

Hi MC,

That's great ! Thanks.

How do you make it work if you one to many relationship.

like.. One selection has multiple possible values in the other field??

Thanks & Regards,

Sandip Patel.

natebrunner
Contributor III
Contributor III

I believe you have your code flipped. Shouldn't it be?

=only({<InvoicePeriodNumber={'$(=only(InvoicePeriodNumber))'}>}InvoicePeriod)

I have another question as well. What if you can select 2 InvoicePeriods?  How can I then select 2 InvoicePeriodNumbers?

Not applicable

With Concat function and a veriable:

v_InvoicePeriod= replace(chr(39)&concat(InvoicePeriodNumber,',')&chr(39),',',chr(39)&','&chr(39))

and this as expression:

=only({<InvoicePeriodNumber={$(v_InvoicePeriod)}>}InvoicePeriod)

Not applicable

I have tried this solution but am not able to get it to work.

I have two fields - Report_Year and RYear.  The values are identical but they need to remain separate (i.e., not rename one to be the same as the other).

What I need to do is when the user selects a value from the Report_Year list box, set the same value as a filter on RYear.

I've tried the code mentioned above but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've gone to Documents; Triggers and added an OnSelect action to the Report_Year field.  The Action is Select in Field, the Field is RYear and the Search String is =only({<Report_Year={'$(=only(Report_Year)'}>} RYear) - a modified version of what I found above.  However, it does not work.

Can you help a relative newbie?

Thank you.