Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennyk20
Contributor
Contributor

Selecting Expression Values in Pivot Table

Hello,

I need to select the expression values in a pivot table so that I can link them to triggers.  Right now, I notice that I can only select Dimension values.  Any ideas for a work-around?

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Clicking on an expression-value will cause a selecting of the dimensions behind them - which you might use for triggering an action - probably with checking some conditions like count(dim1&dim2&dim3) = X or something similar. Also the use of a calculated dimension might be helpful like in: How to create categorization list‌.

- Marcus

kennyk20
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus for confirming I can only select the dimension in the current structure.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I've not attempted this to see how it works, but say you have this pivot table:

Dimension 1
Dimension 2
sum(Something)
sum(Whatever)

And you want to select in sum(Something). You could make it a calculated dimension value like this:

=aggr(sum(Something),[Dimension 1],[Dimension 2])

You could then select it. However, while I've not tested it, I'm guessing you'd see no change in behavior, that clicking on your calculated dimension would just select values in Dimension 1 and Dimension 2. And there wouldn't be some new Field that you could hook a trigger to just because you made a calculated dimension.

Maybe the problem is that I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

kennyk20
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The objects were in sheets that were hidden by variables.  I've changed the structure to display and they are showing up now.  Thanks for the responses!