Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selecting a single value in a table

Hello QlikView Community,

I have a pivot table where I want to analyze the cost of different items, and their variations in time.

The data is made up by item code, cost code and unit cost, respetively (item_cd, cost_cd, unit_cost).

Each there is only 1 unit_cost for each item_cd, cost_cd combination.

I'm having troubles creating an expression in the Properties of the pivot table where the dimension is the item_cd the columns containing the data are 2 columns representing 2 different cost_cd (defined by some input variable) and the 3rd column would be the % of variation between these 2 columns, taking the 1st column as base.

The input variables are vCost_cd1 and vCost_cd2, defining the 2 different cost_cd of each item.

My expressions are the following:

• =Only ( {$<cost_cd = {$(#vCost_cd1)}>} unit_cost)
  • =Only ( {$<cost_cd = {$(#vCost_cd2)}>} unit_cost)
  • =(column(2)-column(1))/(column(1))

Alternatively I also tried a double Only function:

• =Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd1) ) } > } unit_cost)
  • =Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd2) ) } > } unit_cost)
  • =(column(2)-column(1))/(column(1))

Both of these attempts return an empty value in the pivot table. These are some solutions I came up after researching some of these functions in the community forum.

If I put only "unit_cost" in the Expression and open a Selection Windows and select the cost_cd there, it returns the correct unit_cost for me.

Thank you for your help!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Assuming:

• =Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd1) ) } > } unit_cost) as Column1
  • =Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd2) ) } > } unit_cost) as Column2

Try

=(Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd2) ) } > } unit_cost) )-(Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd1) ) } > } unit_cost))/(Only ( {$< cost_cd = {$ ( =Only(vCost_cd1) ) } > } unit_cost))

Rebeca

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebeca,

The problem isn't on the 3rd column, the problem is on the first 2 columns, which do not show the data in them.

I don't know the correct expression to make them show the unit_cost, having the cost_cd as a condition.

But I appreciate the reply anyway!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If there is only 1 unit_cost for each item_cd, cost_cd combination, you can use "Sum" instead of the Only.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!