Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francescoasaro
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Selecting both row and column dimensional values in pivot table

Hi everyone,

in Qlikview 11, clicking on a cell value of a pivot table with dimensions on rows and columns, resulted in a selection on both row and column dimensions.

In Qlikview 12 instead the selection works only on the row dimension of the pivot table.

Is there a way to obtain the same results in QV12, i.e. making a selection on row and column dimensions simultaneously by clicking on a cell?

I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
DavidStrudwick
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

We are also seeing this same issue in QV 12.3 SR1, we didn't have the issue in QV11.20 SR10.  Also we have noticed that it only exists in IE Plugin/Desktop mode but not in AJAX/Webview  mode.

We also suspect that it occurs when the pivot table has more than 3 columns, it seems to then ignore all selections after the 3rd column.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys, the most likely cause of these issues is going to be your use of 'old' Plugin/Desktop clients, with the version 12 track, it is VERY important that you ensure the clients are upgraded to match the QlikView Server version, and this is documented in the Release Notes as well, for the later version 12 tracks as well.  If you can replicate the issue using the matching client version to server, then we have a potential issue, but if you can only replicate the issue with the mismatched versions, the solution is to update the client to match the server version...

Oh, and just another FYI, if a user has the Desktop client installed, they have the Plugin installed by default as well, just in case you did not know this, there is no need to do a separate Plugin install at that point.  An easy way to see if you do have old exe clients in use with the server is to review the QVS Session logs, as the clients use an exe version will write that version to the log, or if you see blank versions for exe client connections, that will also indicated old clients.  You can then check the user ID and get up with the user to let them know they need to update their client etc.  

The other option is to use the OpenDoc_fix.htm page in the QlikView Server client directory path: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin  There is some code in that page that you may uncomment which will do a version check of the client etc. and force the user to upgrade...  I think that covers everything I have to offer on this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
DavidStrudwick1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brett

Thanks for your response.  I am aware that the IE/Desktop client should match that of the server and they definitely do in this case.  Our end users machines are locked down so we have full control over what versions are installed.

Shall I raise a case for this in the customer support portal?

Thanks

David

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey David, 

Yeah, if you are able to replicate things using matching versions, that is likely best thing to do, but if you are not on the latest SR of the track you are running, I would recommend updating that first if you can just to be sure we have not done something there already.  Be sure to give us a sample app when you open the case too, that should allow us to check things pretty quickly etc.  

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.