Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selecting null values and how to exclude selections

It is probably wrong to ask this here, but when will be possible to make exclude selections and select null values easily in QlikView?

I am now using version 10 of QlikView and I can not find an easy way to do this, this should have been elementary in my opinion.
The workaround to select what you are not going to look at and the select excluded on an other field does not really work very well when I need to make new exclusions on previous exclusions (this will take you back to square 1), and it is not possible to lock fields where there are no selections.

It feels really strange, but am I the only one who is experiencing difficulties with this issue? And am I the only one who need to exclude and be able to see what is not?

An extreme option would be to fill all my data with values instead of null values, but then I would probably get a very large database and would not be something I would like to work with.

Does any one else have any experience with this? And how did you chose to solve this?

NB: I know a lot can be done in set analysis, but it is not really a good option for the regular user.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Take a look at this method: http://qlikviewmaven.blogspot.com/2010/10/selecting-null-values.html

If your users don't like typing expressions like that then consider putting the selection expression into listbox or button. Good luck!