Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Selection In ListBox

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein I have two listboxes, Both containing different Date fields. Field 1(List box 1) has MMM-YYYY format values. While Field 2(List box 2) has Dates in it. The requirement states that when values are selected in field 1, all the values in the second listbox(Field two) which are greater than the Max(Field 1) selection only needs to be shown. I have tried various different method but it dosent work as expected. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share what you tried thus far?

Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried extracting the maximum date of the maximum selection using:

=date(Monthend(date(MAx(Monthname(((YearMonth_FC)))))))

and then put an If condition in the second list box where dates greater than this dates are only to be shown.

I also tried putting this into a variable and using the Only() function with set analysis to get those dates.

Tried using getfieldselection(), but that dosent work

sunny_talwar

I meant would you be able to provide a sample qvw file where you have tried this?

Abhishek1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am sorry I cant. Cant share any data or data logic due to policies. I can help you with my requirement if I am not clear though. 

sunny_talwar

I am neither looking for data nor data logic... all I am looking for is a mock up of your problem using mocked up data where we can see the issue and try to propose you a solution. If you are unable to do that, I am sure someone else might be able to offer help.

Best,
Sunny