Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection based on calculated field

Hi,

In the attached QVW I have a calculated field called "Delivery Status". The value can either be "Open" or "Closed". I would like to create a list box where I can select based on this calculated value.

E.g. show me the "Contnr ID" that are "Open".

Any suggestions?

Br. Jakob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jakob,

Create a new listbox with the following expression in it (select <Expression> from the Field dropdown at the very bottom)

=Aggr(if(MaxString(ExtractDate) < Today(), 'Closed', 'Open'), [Contnr ID])

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

it's maybe this what you're looking for ?

See attached file

Hope it helps

Giampiero

Not applicable
Author

Hi Giampiero,

Unfortunately not. I need a list box containing the values "Open" and "Closed". When selecting "Open" all "Contnr ID" with the calculated value "Open" shall be shown.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jakob,

Create a new listbox with the following expression in it (select <Expression> from the Field dropdown at the very bottom)

=Aggr(if(MaxString(ExtractDate) < Today(), 'Closed', 'Open'), [Contnr ID])

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Miguel,

Hope you’re doing well. I like your solution, thank you.

Taking this a step further, how do I assign dynamic ListBox with“Always One Selected Property”? I’m not sure if this is possible...

Thanks,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jakob-

Like you, I am trying to specify whether an item is one thing or another.  In my environment, I must categorize orders into one of six "buckets" based on their order size.  I have pasted in the AGGR function that you were given by Miguel and started with only two of the buckets: <$1,000 and >$1,000.  The results in my List Box are not working correctly.

Is it possible for you to repost your .qvw norw that it is working or at least post the expression from your List Box Properties?

I am using v10 if that matters.

Kevin

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi DV,

I don't know if that's a bug or a WAD, but the thing is that when using expressions (or key fields) always onve value selected is not possible. It does some sense to me in the case of key fields, because of linking tables and unexpected behavior, though.

You should open a Support case so they can guide you further.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin

Attached is the file. Hope it can help you.

BR. Jakob