Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selection in Multipule fields

Hi,

is it possible to make few selections in different fields all together, without applying the selections untill all selections in all fields are chosen?

the problem is I have a realy heavy document that when I make a selection it takes it some time to process it,

and i would like to be able to first make all the selections that i want in all fields, without it reacting to them,

and only when i'm done selecting it will process the whole selections.

couldnt find it anywhere...

please help!

thanks alot in advance

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Selections are applied immediately - but you can postpone chart calculations.  For example, you have one chart on the sheet (or only one chart that takes time to calculate).  You can detach the chart, make selctions, and attach the chart.  Calculations will be made once on "attach"

Regards,

Michael

MayilVahanan

HI

You can minimize the chart and after selection u can maximize the chart. Its not take that much time to display the result

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

It can be done by workaround using Alternate states on button click.

Are you expecting like that?

Means on button click you need to apply the selections?

jeffmartins
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi tgs12345,

You can use Bookmarks to save the selection for later use.

See the QlikView Reference Manual v11 on page 127.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone!

Those ideas are working for me sometimes-

but the problem is when I have a module with lots of charts on each sheet.

I thought maybe there was a feature i'm missing, like in "copy mode" when its not applying the selections,

but i guess these ideas are good enough.