Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III

Selection of calculated dimension

i have the following calculated dimension:

Class(Aggr(count({<STATUS_CD={13}>}OP)/count(CLAIM_NO), YourDimension), 0.2)

Here buckets are getting created 0-20,20-40 and so on till 100. I want to create an action where one of the fields has to be selected on click of a text box.

Help Appreciated!

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not sure i understand, May be this

GetFieldSelections(Class(Aggr(count({<STATUS_CD={13}>}OP)/count(CLAIM_NO), YourDimension), 0.2), '|')

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please check the attached qvw. i have created a field ;using class and then added button to select that field.

Mark this answer as correct if it is useful to you

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can't directly make a selection happen in calculated dimension using action, but indirectly. You can use the same class range to select the values from the original field and see the effect in the calculated (classed) field.

Capture.PNG

Otherwise, create the class in the script and apply the action on the new field coming from script.

arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My calculated dimension's expression is a little complex. I dont think i can directly use it the the way you are showing in the above example.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, it would not be as easy as you see above. But we may give a try if you could provide a sample qvw. Else, create the class in the script as a field, that would make your action work easily.

arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III
Author

can i use the following expression in script?

Class(Aggr(count({<STATUS_CD={13}>}OP)/count(CLAIM_NO), YourDimension), 0.2)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Aggr() and set analysis are not supported in the script. Therefore, you can't directly use the same expression in the script as it is. However, with proper join/group by (along with aggregation functions) you could possibly achieve similar in the script.