Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benoittanga
Contributor II
Contributor II

Semantic error: The control statement not matched with its start statement

Hi,

this is my first post on the community! My name is Ben, I'm using QlikView 12.20.20400.0, and I precise that I'm a beginner Smiley Happy

I have a problem with my script, and I haven't find similar post in the community.

Everytime I reload it, the error message as below is returning :

"Semantic error

The control statement is not correctly matched with its corresponding start statement

Next t"

I'm not sure that the problem comes directly from my code, because I currently only have the "Exit script;" tab, and the error still appears.  

Does someone recognize this problem? I'm pretty sure it's very easy to be solved, and I want to understand it.

Please feel free to ask me questions regarding what I've done...

Waiting for your feedback,

Ben

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Have a look at this thread for additional details - it's for Qlik Sense but the same thing applies to Qlik View.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/Exit-Script-not-working/td-p/79526

If that doesn't cover / solve your issue, you could help us help you by pasting your actual code here and/or attaching a file so we can have a look at what you're running.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Have a look at this thread for additional details - it's for Qlik Sense but the same thing applies to Qlik View.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/Exit-Script-not-working/td-p/79526

If that doesn't cover / solve your issue, you could help us help you by pasting your actual code here and/or attaching a file so we can have a look at what you're running.

Good luck!

marcus_sommer

Please provide your script.

- Marcus

benoittanga
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks a lot, it seems to be the exactly same problem.

I didn't know that the script after EXIT SCRIPT; , was parsed, I though it wasn't taken in consideration at all.
So I have passed this "after code" in comments, and it now runs without any error.

I have now to correct the syntax errors

Thanks again Smiley Very Happy