Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II

Server Setup Question

Dear All,

As i am new to the server installation, i need your help to get it done.

We have already installed Enterprise Edition (QMC, Accesspoint etc) into one domain. Now the requirement is we need to setup same kind of environment in different domain.

Requirement is, we need to open couple of applications in that machine. As it is different domain, we are unable to lease the license. We do not schedule or publish in this new machine. We want to open application directly rather than through Access point.

Question1: Can we use same the licence key for this setup?

Question2: If yes, how can we setup, do we have any step by step guidelines.

Please guide mates...

Thanks

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not quite clear what you mean by "to open application directly rather than through Access point'.  Maybe you don't need QV Server at all, just QV applications in a shared location accessible to the users who have QV Desktop.

As for the "Can we use same the licence key for this setup?" - the answer is No.

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Michael,

I want to open applications from 'open in server' option, as it is different domain it is not possible to assign CAL.

Hope you understand the requirement.

Regards,

Raju

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you configured the the Directory Service Connector to lookup the AD on the other Domain?

Because when you are trying to "open in server" QlikView will try and authenticate that user and if the user is not in a configured DSC then it will not be able to authenticate or authorize ( apps will have also to be distributed to users in the other domain).