Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shriram_Sridhar
Partner - Contributor III

Set Analysis Date range doesn't work when we select a date?

Hi all,

I have used the below expression to calculate the amount starting from financial year to this date. But, When I try to change the date in the filters, the below expression doesn't work.

For example;

If I select date as 01/05/2017 in the filter, The report should list the values starting from 01/04/2017 to 01/05/2017 but instead it calculates all the values from 01/04/2017 to today.

I have used the below expression in my report;

=Sum({<Dim_Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(Dim_Date),0,4)) <=$(=Max(Dim_Date)))'}>}Amount)

What so strange here is when I put the start date in one text box and end date expression in one text box and then I select the date in filters, The dates are changing in the text boxes.

Please help me to fix this issue.

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You must declare the Variable name like

=Sum({<Dim_Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(Dim_Date),0,4)) <=$(DateRangeVariableName)'}>}Amount)

OR

=Sum({<Dim_Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(Dim_Date),0,4)) <=$(=Max(Dim_Date)))'}>}Amount)

May be one extra parenthesis written

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Shriram_Sridhar
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the reply.Again I'm having the same problem. Is there any other simpler way to solve this. The Date inside the expression should change as I change the date in the filters, Also the year function too should work.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please attach work file to test

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try below one

Sum({$<

Dim_Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Dim_Date),-1)))<$(=MonthEnd(Max(Dim_Date)))"}>}Amount)

sunny_talwar

How about if you use Date() function

=Sum({<Dim_Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(Dim_Date), 0, 4), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(Dim_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} Amount)