Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Issue

Hi,

I have a set of sessions all with associated activities - some have timings (completed), some do not (to be completed).

I want to be able to select a number of uncompleted sessions, have them displayed in a table with their respective activity and projected average timings based on completed session timings.

The problem is that when I select an uncompleted session, it calculates an average based on the timings available for those sessions (i.e. all zero).  If I set an expression to calculate timings ignoring session, it displays values for all sessions.

I though this expression would work, but it doesn't:

=avg(TOTAL <activity> {<session=>}time)

I'm sure there's a way to do this set analysis, but I'm struggling.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I suggest you post an example document with some data.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I've attached a document with dummy data in the format I have mine - I'm trying to make it so that when you select session D or E in the projected table (complete_flag=0), you should get an average timing for each activity based on timings that actually exist (complete_flag=1).

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example for some suggestions. Possibly not what you actually want. Perhaps you can add a result table with the numbers you expect as results.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand