Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Issue

Hi,

I have a set of sessions all with associated activities - some have timings (completed), some do not (to be completed).

I want to be able to select a number of uncompleted sessions, have them displayed in a table with their respective activity and projected average timings based on completed session timings.

The problem is that when I select an uncompleted session, it calculates an average based on the timings available for those sessions (i.e. all zero).  If I set an expression to calculate timings ignoring session, it displays values for all sessions.

I though this expression would work, but it doesn't:

=avg(TOTAL <activity> {<session=>}time)

I'm sure there's a way to do this set analysis, but I'm struggling.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I suggest you post an example document with some data.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I've attached a document with dummy data in the format I have mine - I'm trying to make it so that when you select session D or E in the projected table (complete_flag=0), you should get an average timing for each activity based on timings that actually exist (complete_flag=1).

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example for some suggestions. Possibly not what you actually want. Perhaps you can add a result table with the numbers you expect as results.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand