Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjt_childrens
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis Modier Question

Hi All....

I'm working on a Scorecard application. There are two tables: Metrics and CRMTransactions. They are linked by MetricId.

I have a straight table with Metric ID as a dimension. For one of my calculations I need to count transactions for a metric and divide them by the count of a different metric. It seems like this should be an easy calculation with set analysis but I can't seem to get it right. Here's my expression:

If(MetricId=5,count({$<CRMTranYear={$(=varYear)}>} CRMRecSource / count({$<MetricId={2}>}CRMRecSource))

I have tested the numerator portion of this equation and it returns the expected value. The denominator portion only returns zero when I test it by itself.

For Metric 5 how do count all of Metric 2 records to use as the denominator of my equation?

Thanks in advance, this has me stumped.

Martha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Martha,

Try this (just add the TOTAL qualifier):

If(MetricId=5,count({$<CRMTranYear={$(=varYear)}>} CRMRecSource / count({$<MetricId={2}>} TOTAL CRMRecSource))

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Martha,

Try this (just add the TOTAL qualifier):

If(MetricId=5,count({$<CRMTranYear={$(=varYear)}>} CRMRecSource / count({$<MetricId={2}>} TOTAL CRMRecSource))

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
mjt_childrens
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Mike, Thanks. That was the key. I really appreaciate your help.