Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Checco
Contributor
Contributor

Set Analysis and mapping functions

Hello everybody
I ask if anyone can help me.
I have a table like:
LOAD * INLINE [
Id,   DateTest1,    Sales,   NObserv
1,    09/30/2022,   125,   1
1,    09/24/2022,   141,   2
1,    09/21/2022,   105,   3
1,    09/13/2022,   115,   4
2,    09/30/2022,   130,   1
2,    09/24/2022,   121,   2
2,    09/21/2022,     95,    3
2,    09/13/2022,   102,   4
];
and I wish I could create a table using set analysis as below:

Checco_0-1663317184232.png

That is, each column contains the sum of the 'Sales' field for each observation progressive:
column 1 -> NObserv = 1 (Date = '30 / 09/2022 ')
column 2 -> NObserv = 2 (Date = '24 / 09/2022 ')
column 3 -> NObserv = 3 (Date = '21 / 09/2022 ')

My problem is that I can't get the value of the corresponding date to appear in the label of each column.
I was thinking of using mapping.
Can anyone tell me where to find (link) documentation on the mapping function and, if possible, also some good examples?

Thank you all

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may fetch the corresponding dates with something like:

only({$ <NObserv = {1}>} DateTest1)

or if there are multiple dates possible even with something like:

date(min({$ <NObserv = {1}>} DateTest1)) ' - ' & date(max({$ <NObserv = {1}>} DateTest1))

But like already hinted above - without a more specific reason you might not mandatory need multiple expressions else a single one and the appropriate dimensions will also return the views.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Just use date as horizontally dimension and sum(Sales) as expression and then selecting the dates which you want to see.

- Marcus

Checco
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus for your reply.

I probably didn't understand.
The expression is fine as I did (with Set Analysis). This allows me to calculate for example the differences between contiguous columns.
Each column is calculated with expressions such as:
Sum ({$ <NObserv = {1}>} Sales)
Sum ({$ <NObserv = {2}>} Sales)
Sum ({$ <NObserv = {3}>} Sales)
My problem is how to make sure that in the label of each column appears the value of the date corresponding to the value of the variable NObserv:
1 <--> Label: 09/30/2022
2 <--> Label: 09/24/2022
3 <--> Label: 09/21/2022

I hope I am clear

Thank Francesco 

marcus_sommer

You may fetch the corresponding dates with something like:

only({$ <NObserv = {1}>} DateTest1)

or if there are multiple dates possible even with something like:

date(min({$ <NObserv = {1}>} DateTest1)) ' - ' & date(max({$ <NObserv = {1}>} DateTest1))

But like already hinted above - without a more specific reason you might not mandatory need multiple expressions else a single one and the appropriate dimensions will also return the views.

- Marcus

Checco
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus for your valuable suggestions.
I tried to make the changes that you indicated to me (if I understand correctly). See the attached file see the "Sales" chart. But there are a couple of problems:
1- Still in the "Sales" chart, how can I make the difference between two columns?
2-If I add other variables I can't correctly size the column width-. Because?

Also I'm trying to do something similar using variables (see "Comparison dates" chart).

Thanks 1000

Francesco 

marcus_sommer

Your origin query didn't mention that the aim is a comparing of certain selected values against each other and calculating a rate from it - therefore my suggestion to sum the values simply against the dimension.

Probably there are further possibilities to create comparison-views, for example with interrecord-functions like above/before or maybe alternate states but I think none would be more suitable as your chosen approach with multiple expressions - each picking one value respectively calculating their differences. You may consider to replace the variable-control against a selection-control by querying the min/max-values of Prog within the set analysis. Means instead of:

Sum({<Prog={$(v_Sel)}>} Sales)

you may use:

Sum({<Prog={"$(=min(Prog))"}>} Sales)

- Marcus