Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis for IF statement

Can you please help me on the following IF statements to convert to SET ANALYSIS in QLIKView

IF (Transaction_Value =100 then 10 * 2

IF (Transaction _Value = 200 then 10 * 3

IF( Transaction status in ( Clearing, Authorised) then OK))).

Thanks

Ben

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ben

What's the purpose of this expression? I don't think it's a good candidate for set analysis

Lukasz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Agree with Lukasz Mastalerz, there is nothing here for set analysis.  But it can be written at least with a valid QV syntax:

IF (Transaction_Value =100, 200,

IF (Transaction _Value = 200, 300,

IF( match("Transaction status", 'Clearing', 'Authorised'), 'OK')))

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hello Friends,

The Earlier was an example.

The Scenario is something as below.

I Want to basically calculate commission - Here commission is an expression.Now based on the Certain dimesions I would be calculating the Commission. So my actual expression looks like this below.

IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*MC*',TotalAmount*0.05,

IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*VISA*',TotalAmount*0.10,

IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*MY*',TotalAmount*0.20,

IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*IN*',TotalAmount*10,

IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*MPH*',TotalAmount*9,

IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*KKSG*',TotalAmount*0.08,0 -

If All these conditions does not satisfy then the commission should be 0.

And it works But I Want to do it in SET Analysis .Because iam getting lot of memory issues.

Please let me know if still not clear.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this:

TotalAmount * pick(wildmatch('*MC*','*VISA*','*MY*','*IN*','*MPH*','*KKSG*','*'), 0.05,0.10,0.20,10,9,0.08,0))

or maybe:

sum(TotalAmount * pick(wildmatch('*MC*','*VISA*','*MY*','*IN*','*MPH*','*KKSG*','*'), 0.05,0.10,0.20,10,9,0.08,0)))

I'm not sure about 0, you'll tell me...

Not applicable
Author

Can you please provide me the full set analysis expression.

Zero is something where when none of the IF conditions satisfies. The commission has to be 0.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You never tried my pick(match()) expressions, did you?  It is as full as it can be... .  I have reason to believe that it works, and the 0s are taken care of.

Please don't reply before you try it.  If it fails - upload a sample application.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Micheal,

Its working. Regarding 0 - IF(InsuranceGroup LIKE '*KKSG*',TotalAmount*0.08,0 - So here if it is KKSG then total amount*0.08 else 0.

Iam currently loading the complete set of data to check the performance. i have just started the load to see. earlier i was getting out of memory issue

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Micheal,

Thanks its working. I have one more issue,

sum(TotalAmount * pick(wildmatch('*MC*','*VISA*','*MY*','*IN*','*MPH*','*KKSG*','*'), 0.05,0.10,0.20,10,9,0.08,0)))

In this expression iam trying to replace values with variables something like below.

sum(TotalAmount * pick(wildmatch('*MC*','*VISA*','*MY*','*IN*','*MPH*','*KKSG*','*'), $(vfive),vten,0.20,10,9,0.08,0)))

Iam using the following syntax $(vFive). The expression does not have any errors but it does calculate either.

Not applicable
Author

Panicker,

Can't you modify your model to associate the different ratio to the different INSURANCE GROUP values so that you just do in the UI : sum(TotalAmount*ThisNewRatio ) ?

Fabrice