Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis for Less than Equal

Can someone assest me with the Set Analysis for the following fields and varables? It seems so simple and yet all the discussions make it so hard.

EmployeeDirectory.DOH <= vLastYear

26 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

For and conditions you have to use like below

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'}>*<NLE_Year = {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

It gives you the employees hired <= last year and not here in Last year

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I didn't understand your conditions and requirements?Do you need the employees leaved from office last year?

Not applicable
Author

I want everyone who was an employee at the end of year 2011. NLE is No Longer Employeed

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'}>*<NLE_Year = {'>$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

Not applicable
Author

When I do this I get Zero's. Can you explain what the * is between the two set analysis? And would the NLE_Year be not equal to vLastYear?

Not applicable
Author

Mayil Vahanan Ramasamy

Your calculation worked except it didn't count the blanks from the database, which I want included because they were here at that time. Any ideas why it doesn't count them?

MayilVahanan

Hi,

By celambarasan concept is correct,

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'}> *< NLE_Year = {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

it checks both, who are all in last year in DOH_Year and NLE_Year also...but exclude the person in last year in NLE_Year..

Can you test like this,

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

=Count({<NLE_Year = {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

And Then check like this, before that verify the data manually, if any one is satisfy the following condition..

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'}> *< NLE_Year = {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

Which is mentioned earlier, gives exclude the person , who are below the last year in NLE_Year and include the person who are in present year and DOH_Year <= vLastyear..

Hope you understand the expression..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Mayil,

Both expression's return all zeros. So it look likes because the first expression is failing for some reason. Any ideas why?

=Count({<NLE_Year = {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>}Distinct EmployeeName)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Celambarasan,

Does the >*< mean AND? Does the comma do the same thing?

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'},NLE_Year -= {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>} EmployeeDirectory.Name)

=Count({<DOH_Year = {'<=$(=vLastYear)'}>*< NLE_Year -= {'<$(=vLastYear)'}>} EmployeeDirectory.Name)

MayilVahanan

HI,

Did you check the NLE_Year values..

=Count({<NLE_Year = {'2010'}>}Distinct EmployeeName) gives any value..By check this, you can find the error..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.