Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben_pugh
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis problem

Hi everyone. I have a QlikView problem that I've been trying to solve with set analysis. Would anyone be able to assist?

I have a pivot table with LOCATION and DAY as dimensions, and sum(FIELD_A) as the expression. Data as below:

LOCATIONMONTUEWED
A111
A100
A101
B110
B000
C110

I wanted to get the count of distinct locations where sum(FIELD_A)>0, and I've been able to do this using:

count({<LOCATION={'=sum(FIELD_A)>0'}>} distinct LOCATION)

However this value is across all possible DAY values.

The part that I'm stuck on is getting the count of distinct locations where sum(FIELD_A)>0 for one particular day.

Ideally I'd just like to have a formula for e.g. DAY=TUE to put this value in a text box. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

For DAY = TUE in a text box, why don't you try this?

Count({<LOCATION={"=Sum({<DAY = {'TUE'}>}FIELD_A) > 0"}, DAY = {'TUE'}>} DISTINCT LOCATION)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think you will be able to evaluate the condition in a day basis using simple set analysis. The set expression is applied to the entire data model and not on a row by row (day by day) basis. You could do it with a Sum(If()) expression or by setting a flag in the load script.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ben_pugh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, that's helpful - do you have any advice on how I might solve the problem with sum(if()) ?

sunny_talwar

For DAY = TUE in a text box, why don't you try this?

Count({<LOCATION={"=Sum({<DAY = {'TUE'}>}FIELD_A) > 0"}, DAY = {'TUE'}>} DISTINCT LOCATION)

ben_pugh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny, that's it!

I had tried something similar, but I used single speech marks ' instead of double "

syed_muzammil
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

You can use Aggr function. Some thing like

Count( Distinct if(Aggr(Sum(Field_A),Day,Location) >0 ,Location)).

ben_pugh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Muzammil. I've already started development using Sunny's method above, but it's good to know that Aggr is an alternative.