Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis query

=(Count({<SaleMarker = {1}, DDiff_C = {1}>}ConcernID) /  Count({<SaleMarker = {1}, DDiff_T = {1}>}TransactionNo))

I have the above expression that is working perfectly when no other selections are made,

how can i fix this result so that all other selections are totally ignored ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=(Count({1<SaleMarker = {1}, DDiff_C = {1}>}ConcernID) /  Count({1<SaleMarker = {1}, DDiff_T = {1}>}TransactionNo))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=(Count({1<SaleMarker = {1}, DDiff_C = {1}>}ConcernID) /  Count({1<SaleMarker = {1}, DDiff_T = {1}>}TransactionNo))

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The idea is that everything between angled brackets <> are set modifiers; they modify the set composition. But which set do you ask? By default, and when no other set specifiers are supplied, QlikView applies your set modifiers to the current set aka "$" (i.e.all data with your current selections applied). If you want this object to escape from "current selections", you specify a different starting set called "1" = everything with no selections applied.

As you can see in Sunny's example, the set specifier is placed in front of the set modifiers. See also the chapter on Set Analysis in QlikView Desktop Help. It's concise and often very helpful.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much to Sunny for all of todays assistance

and to Pete for the clear explanation.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.