Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis to Work Along with my Calculated Dimension

Hi All,

I have gotten myself stumped. I have created a object that will change based on the minimum claim count (column of 1s). This is done via a calculated dimension. The idea behind it is when I set the minimum claim count to 5 then everyone how has less then 5 claims are treated like they don't exist. I have managed to make everything calculate that way I want while there are no selections in place. Now I would like to find a way so that I can select a member and have all of their calculations stay the same and not limit it based on the selection. I have been able to do this before with set analysis but my calculated dimension is throwing a wrench in my plans. Here are some of my constraints for my solution:

Must work for Qlikview 8.50

Must not contain script work (but variables defined in the module are okay)

Calculations must come out the same when a member is selected or if none are selected.

I am not sure if this is possible but if it is I figured someone smart from the community could figure this out. I have attached my sample problem so feel free to tinker away. Thank you in advance for anyone who looks into this problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You started using the {1} Set expression in some of your functions. In order for it to work correctly, you need that on every aggregate expression. Keep in mind, you also have one in your calculated dimension.

I copied your chart and detached it. Then I modified the chart expressions (and calculated dimension) to ignore selections on all aggregate functions. Even with a selection, the charts are the same.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You started using the {1} Set expression in some of your functions. In order for it to work correctly, you need that on every aggregate expression. Keep in mind, you also have one in your calculated dimension.

I copied your chart and detached it. Then I modified the chart expressions (and calculated dimension) to ignore selections on all aggregate functions. Even with a selection, the charts are the same.

Not applicable
Author

I think that does answer the question I asked but I left out something. I want the numbers to stay the same but I only want to show them for the selected member. Do you think there is a if statement we can apply to each expression to null out all of the expressions when they are not in the selection?

Not applicable
Author

I got it!

I will give you credit for this because I was never going to think about adding set analysis in my calculated dimension. Here is my updated file where I leave the stuff that you added but I include a if statement to make sure the claim count is positive. Thank you so much for the help!