Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis

Hi all,

I have a line chart with MonthName and Product_L as my dimension and I want to calculate the share of each product over time. so my numerator is sum of the attribute (say sales) for the product and demonimator is sum of the same attribute (Sales) for all products. For this I am using the expression

Num((sum({$<CATEGORY={'begin','win'},Specialty={'$(vSpecialty_L)'},Indication={'$(vIndication_L)'},MonthName=, MonthID ={'<$(=$(vLast12Month))'}>}Sales)/num(sum({<PRODUCT_L=,CATEGORY={'begin','win'},Specialty={'$(vSpecialty_L)'},Indication={'$(vIndication_L)'},MonthName=, MonthID ={'<$(=$(vLast12Month))'}>}Sales),'$(vFormat)')),'$(vFormat)')

But the share is always shown as 100 % , for some reason it si not respecting PRODUCT_L= in the denomator . Any reason for it ?

Thanks

Shivraj

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Num(

(Sum({$<CATEGORY={'begin','win'}, Specialty={'$(vSpecialty_L)'}, Indication={'$(vIndication_L)'}, MonthName=, MonthID ={'<$(=$(vLast12Month))'}>} Sales)

/

Sum(TOTAL <MonthName> {<PRODUCT_L=,CATEGORY={'begin','win'},Specialty={'$(vSpecialty_L)'},Indication={'$(vIndication_L)'},MonthName=, MonthID ={'<$(=$(vLast12Month))'}>}Sales))

,'$(vFormat)')

sunny_talwar

Or may be this:

Num(

(Sum({$<CATEGORY={'begin','win'}, Specialty={'$(vSpecialty_L)'}, Indication={'$(vIndication_L)'}, MonthName=, MonthID ={'<$(=$(vLast12Month))'}>} Sales)

/

Sum(TOTAL <PRODUCT_L> {<PRODUCT_L=,CATEGORY={'begin','win'},Specialty={'$(vSpecialty_L)'},Indication={'$(vIndication_L)'},MonthName=, MonthID ={'<$(=$(vLast12Month))'}>}Sales))

,'$(vFormat)')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Many thanks , this works . Just wants to understand the purpose of putting

total, is it taking all the months ?

Thanks

Shivraj

sunny_talwar

I think it would be best if you can read about TOTAL Qualifier here: What does the TOTAL qualifier do?

Also, if you got what you wanted, I would suggest you to close this thread down by marking the correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny