Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set ErrorMode=0 with Store command

Hi!

One of our environment has some problems with storing qvd files. 99.9% time STORE tablename INTO filename.qdv (qvd) works ok, but sometimes we get general script error and script just quits.

I tried to put this kind of test/ looping and store table until it is succeeded, In Windows file explorer I put the Transactions.qvd file to "Read only" state,

just for simulating Storing problem. Becaus it is very hard to get a real storing problem with this kind of small sandbox testes.

What should be fixed in the next part of the script?

Thank you very much!

BR, Harri

////////////////////////

SET ErrorMode= 0;

STORE Transactions INTO Transactions.qvd (qvd); // First attempt And here script also ends, even with ErrorMode set to 0;

// If everthing went fine, the following will only iterate 5 taking very few time

FOR vAttemptNo = 1 TO 5 // Number of attempts

IF ScriptError = 1 THEN

SLEEP 10000; // 10 secs

EXIT SCRIPT WHEN $(vAttemptNo) => 5;  //exit out if storing has not succeeded after 1+4 times of trying

STORE Transactions INTO Transactions .qvd (qvd); // another attempt

ENDIF

NEXT

////////////////////////////

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

just a quick one, just from looking at this, you ALWAYS want to set error mode back to 1 after your done with it, or the script will always run

Not applicable
Author

There appear to be some limitations with the ErrorMode=0 exception handling, in that, well... it doesn't handle exceptions!  

Please see this idea - I have provided steps to reproduce with a locked file. 

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/3443

Here is the description of the ErrorMode handling in from the manual, page 292:

This variable determines what action is to be taken by QlikView when an error is encountered during script

1. execution. By default (ErrorMode=1) the script execution will halt and the user will be prompted for action

(non-batch mode). By setting ErrorMode =0 QlikView will simply ignore the failure and continue script

execution at the next script statement. By setting ErrorMode =2 QlikView will trigger an "Execution of

script failed..." error message immediately on failure, without prompting the user for action beforehand.

Clearly a bug to me, but according to QT support it is not, and an "idea" has to be created to get it fixed. 

Please vote for it...

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/3443

Thanks