Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II

Set Expression Date

sum({<R_YEAR=, R_MONTH={'>$(=max(R_MONTH))'}, To_YEAR={$(=max(R_YEAR)+1)},To_MONTH={'>=$(=max(R_MONTH))<=$(=max(R_MONTH))'}, POL_TYPE={'F'}>}[PREMIUM] )

Pls refer my attachment and I want the above highlighted part of the expression to change as R_Month should be months coming after the R_Month and all other conditions should remain as it is. Here I have defined R_Month > Max(R_Month) But I want it to be changed R_Month<>Max(R-Month)

Eg If User select R_Month=Jan Expression should select Feb-dec

R_Month=Dec Expression should select Jan-Nov etc

R_Month=Jun Expression should select Jul-May etc

Pls help me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Please refer the attached file. I have created a chart object for demonstrating how the variable can be used. Please also refer the variable from variable overview.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

try this

Date = {'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(Date), -3))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)-1

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks

I can not understand it . pls explain

Not applicable

The query is a bit unclear but from what I understood, you want to exclude the selected month. You can do this by creating a variable and using that in your set expression.

Define a variable "xMonths" as "=Replace(concat({<R_MONTH=>} DISTINCT  R_MONTH, ',') ,(Concat(DISTINCT R_MONTH, ',')&','),'')"

This variable will give you all month names except the one you have selected.

Then use this variable in your set expression for calculations like below

R_MONTH={$(xMonths)}

Thanks,

Sajeevan

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sajeewan

Thanks

Can you please rewrite my expression having inserted the variable created as per your advice

Not applicable

Please refer the attached file. I have created a chart object for demonstrating how the variable can be used. Please also refer the variable from variable overview.

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for you reply and attachment. But as I mentioned in my original question other conditions too should be in tact in y expression

To_YEAR={$(=max(R_YEAR)+1)},To_MONTH={'>=$(=max(R_MONTH))<=$(=max(R_MONTH))'},

Please also consider those conditions and modify my expression

Thanks  a lot for your help