Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis : Filters on a table

Dear all,

Context

I uploaded data in two QV tables :

- 'Calls' with the following fields : C_call_id, C_creation_year, C_creation_month

- 'Period' with the following fileds : P_year, P_month

(I don't want to link the two tables)

I created 3 QV objects :

- a selection list (SL1) based on P_year

- a selection list (SL2) based on P_month

- a simple table (T1) with the following dimensions : C_call_id, C_creation_year, C_creation_month

SL1 and SL2 allows me to select the period(s) that I want to analyze (/get the list of CallId)

In the table T1 I added the following set analysis as expression

SA1 : Count({$<C_creation_year=P_year>}C_call_id)

SA2 : Count({$<C_creation_month=P_month>}C_call_id)

The SA1 tells me for each callid of the table T1 if the C_creation_year of the callid fits with the selected P_year : I get '1' if it fits

=> It works fine

The SA2 tells me for each callid of the table T1 if the C_creation_month of the callid fits with the selected P_month : I get '1' if it fits

=> It works fine

In order to combine the both conditions, I created the following set analysis as expression

SA3 :

Count({$<C_creation_year=P_year, C_creation_month=P_month> }C_call_id)

The SA3 tells me for each callid of the table T1 if the C_creation_year and C_creation_month of the callid fits with the selected P_year and P_month : I get '1' if it fits. Then I replaced SA1 and SA2 by SA3. I finally made condition on SA3 to display the Callid with SA3 = 1.

=> It works fine

Questions

Q1 : I don't understand why I get a little red tic under the second paranthesis of S1 and S2.
Is there something wrong in my expressions ?

Q2 : When I select P_year = 2011 and 2012, I get SA1=1 for the whole callid with C_creation_year = 2011 or 2012 but when I select no P_year, I get systematically SA1 = 0.
I was thinking that giving no selection in a selection lists means 'I want all'. Is it not the case ?
What could I do in SA1 to get all Callid when I select no P_year ?

Q3 :

How can I hide my ES4 expression column ?

Q4 : General question

Is there any other ways to filter on table (T1) with a filter based on P_year (SL1) and P_month (SL2) without links between the QV tables 'Calls' and 'Period') ?

Thank you

Regards

Pascal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

For Q2, I think you need

Count({<C_creation_year=P(P_year), C_creation_month=P(P_month)>} C_call_id)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

PS - does that also answer Q4

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pascal,

Q1 & Q2.- Try this expresion Count({$<C_creation_year= {$(P_year)}, C_creation_month={$(P_month)}> }C_call_id)

Q3 .- In the expresion tab of chart properties you can enable or disable expresion.

I hope to help you.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gregorio,

Q1 & Q2 :

I tried with your expression.

I don't have the little red tic anymore under the parenthesis but... it doesn't work.

My table T1 became totally empty with or without selection on P_year/P_month, with or without the condition SA3=1.

Q3 :

Thank you... it works !

Regards

Pascal

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

For Q2, I think you need

Count({<C_creation_year=P(P_year), C_creation_month=P(P_month)>} C_call_id)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

PS - does that also answer Q4

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

It really works Jonathan !

I didn't know the P function. What is it exactly ? It means that it must be considered as a Parameter ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Pascal

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

P(Field) = Possible values

E(Field) = Excluded values

Regards

Jonathan