Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis full set {1} problem

Hi, I am trying to make the expression below return the full data set. I have put the set identifier {1} in all of the places it might need to be on aggregation functions. However in the app it still only brings back the current selections. I think that it must be because of the fields the aggr functions is working on, especially [Unique ID] but I dont know how to fix it. Any ideas please? max({1} aggr(sum({1}aggr([Savings]*((round(avg({1} [Question Response]))-1)/4),[Question Number], [Unique ID])),[Unique ID]))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I put this back in the scatter chart and it turned out that the problem all along had been that I had not put any set analysis on the other dimension

View solution in original post

11 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Chris,

It would be easy if you can share the sample QVW.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide sample apps or dummy data please?

Not applicable
Author

Maybe check TOTAL or ALL qualifiers.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I can't share it due to confidentiality sorry.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How about this expression?

=max({1} aggr(sum({1} aggr(sum({1} [Savings])*((round(avg({1} [Question Response]))-1)/4),[Question Number], [Unique ID])),[Unique ID]))

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Deepak, sorry that still does not ignore the current selections.

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dariusz,

Thanks, I have tried that but it just gives the same result for every data point and still does not ignore the selections.

Chris

Not applicable
Author

I am going to start with the middle part of the expression and try to get that working first and then put the next part around it. I will post it here if I fix it

Not applicable
Author

Hi Deepak,

I finally got this working. I built it up again from scratch so I am not sure which bit fixed it. I think it was changing the average to a sum, which did not change the result because it was only every averaging or summing over a single record.

=sum({$<Industry=,[Account Name]=,[Unique ID]=,[Country Region]=>}aggr(sum({$<Industry=,[Account Name]=,[Unique ID]=,[Country Region]=>}[Productivity]

*(()-1)/4),[Question Number],[Unique ID]))