Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishtams
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set analysis help for total count as per date

Hi All,

I have used below expression to calculate the total sale for the latest date. (by default)

Current_Sale          =Sum({$<BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(MAX(BUSS_DATE)))"}>}Sales)

Now i also wanted to show the previous sale, so i calculated the sale for previous date using below expression.

Previous_Sale         =Sum({$<BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(MAX(BUSS_DATE,2)))"}>}Sales)

It is giving me the correct results as of now. But the moment i select a date (any date), the previous_sale is not shown. it becomes null.

Only the current_Sale is shown for the selected date.

I want to show the previous sale even though a date is selected as a filter. So whichever date is selected that becomes my current date and then i want to calculate the previous sale accordingly.

is there anything i can use in the set expression to achieve this?

Thanks

Ashish

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to change two things:

a) ignore selections in your max() function.

b) ignore selections in any calendar field in your set expression to avoid incompatible sets

Sum({$<BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(MAX({1} BUSS_DATE,2)))"}, DATEFIELDWITHUSERSELECTION= >}Sales)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to change two things:

a) ignore selections in your max() function.

b) ignore selections in any calendar field in your set expression to avoid incompatible sets

Sum({$<BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(MAX({1} BUSS_DATE,2)))"}, DATEFIELDWITHUSERSELECTION= >}Sales)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bypass your master calender date:

=Sum({$<MasterCalenderDate=,BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(MAX(BUSS_DATE,2)))"}>}Sales)

ashishtams
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It worked as expected

rubenmarin

Hi, when you select a date, there is only one value, so there is no 2nd max and the previous date returns Null().

You can try to substract a day from the max date:

Previous_Sale         =Sum({$<BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(AddDays(MAX(BUSS_DATE), -1)))"}>}Sales)

or:

Previous_Sale         =Sum({$<BUSS_DATE={"$(=DATE(MAX(BUSS_DATE)-1))"}>}Sales)