Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

Set analysis: how to use multiple IFs/Matches in load statement

Hello

I have a set of data, and the data in the source system is split into teams eg Finance, P&P, IT etc.

Then there is breakdown of the costs into type of expense called 'compen'.  But Finance, IT and P&P use a different mapping for 'compen' than every other department, so I created a calculated dimension as below to cater for this, and it works fine

=if(wildmatch(team_description, 'Finance, Tax and Treasury','IT','P&P') >0, bud2_compen2, bud2_compen

However, I now need to split out IT into 'IT' and 'IT Non-People Costs'.  The distinction between the 2 is 'IT Non-people costs' is where bud2_compen2 = 'office costs'

So the logic that I think I need to write  in the calculated dimension is something like below

=if(wildmatch(team_description, 'Finance, Tax and Treasury','IT','P&P') >0, bud2_compen2, bud2_compen

and if(wildmatch(team_description, 'IT') >0 and bud2_compen2 = 'office costs', 'IT Non-People Costs' , team_description)

I also thought maybe i could do the renaming of the team in the script but that doesnt work also as bud2_compen2 doesnt exist ar this point as it is a mapping that is included in the dataload.

Not sure if any of that makes sense, but can only suggest anything to help. Thanks Paul

busunit:
LOAD team,
team_description,

if(wildmatch(team_description, 'IT') >0 and bud2_compen2 = 'office costs', 'IT Non-People Costs' , team_description) as team_descr,

PE as PE_Alloc%,
INF as Infra_Alloc%,
PC as PC_Alloc%
FROM
[\\3i.3iGroup.com\DFS\Shared\GRP_REPORT\QlikView\Allocations.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

2 Replies
adityaakshaya
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Paul,

If your team_description only includes IT as a value, then you don't need to use wildmatch and the logic you have written will perform perfectly.

if( team_description = 'IT' and bud2_compen2 = 'office costs','IT Non - People Costs',team_description) as Team_descr

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akshaya

paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Akshaya

Thanks for replying.  The problem is that when I run this bud2_compen2 isn't yet loaded into QV, it gets loaded later on.

I did speak to the user and he has said I don't need to do this at this point so I will find another way to work around it.

Thanks for your help

Paul