cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis - ignore the selection?

Hi All,

Is it possible to ignore the selection in set analysis? Below does not work:

sum({$<Category = {'category1'}>}[Number of people])

17 Replies
sunny_talwar

I believe it will. Are you sure it won't?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Well, using my version, that expression is respecting the dimension

Capturar.PNG

sunny_talwar

What I meant was the selection in Dim1 won't have any impact on second expression, but first expression will become 0 for excluded Dim1

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

yes, if you refering to a selection, I was writing about dimension cube evaluation., just putting my two cents to   discussion 

sunny_talwar

That make sense, but the word 'selection' confused me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I have a similar issue.

I have a textbox:

=Num(SUM({1<[Lager]={"<>SP"},[Datum]={"=Datum >= Today()-Tagezurueck"}>}MengeABS),'# ##0')&' STK'

I want that textbox to ignore all other selections.

Iraa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have similar situation but still I am struggling to understand this expression.. I have text box using variable : 'vOrder_Volume' , I have multiple filters in my dashboard Like Country, zone ,branch,Code etc. But I want to keep only Branch and below  level selection and ignore all above level (Zone, Country) selection , How to make set analysis ? I am trying same as above expression but as I have variable,So Its not working. Can anyone please help me with that?

Thanks 

Dan36
Contributor II
Contributor II

Always try to remind myself how to do this and the responses always reference ignoring specific selections.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if you want to ignore all selections and just return a value then simply do this:

Sum({1}[Field])

or

Count({1}[Field])

or

Count(distinct {1}[Field])

etc.