Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set analysis on integer ranges not working

Good afternoon (or morning, or whenever you read this),

I'm having inconsistent performance from an expression using set analysis.  When one of our analysts writes an expression using set analysis:

=num(count({<TIMEFRAME_1_12_MONTH_VISIT_FLAG = {'1'},FIRST_VISIT_1_12_FLAG = {1},DAYS_RUNOUT = {'>180'},MORTALITY_INTERVAL = {'<180'}>} distinct IDENTIFIER)
/count({<TIMEFRAME_1_12_MONTH_VISIT_FLAG = {'1'},FIRST_VISIT_1_12_FLAG = {1},DAYS_RUNOUT = {'>180'}>} distinct IDENTIFIER),'###,###.0%')

they get a null result (" - ") in any of their sheet objects (charts, list boxes, etc).  We found that, oddly, the same exact expression works fine on my machine.

We systematically removed pieces from the set analysis until we found where the problem lay: the DAYS_RUNOUT = {'>180'},MORTALITY_INTERVAL = {'<180'} pieces -- for some reason, this works just fine on my computer, but does not function on our other analysts machines.

Any ideas?  It feels like this is a user preferences issue or versioning issue, but it's still very odd.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

There where some issues regarding  set analysis and quotation marks during a couple of releases last year. The result was change in the intepretion of the set between versions.

Try this

DAYS_RUNOUT = {">180"},MORTALITY_INTERVAL = {">180"}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

There where some issues regarding  set analysis and quotation marks during a couple of releases last year. The result was change in the intepretion of the set between versions.

Try this

DAYS_RUNOUT = {">180"},MORTALITY_INTERVAL = {">180"}

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Use double quotes for any searches eg 

DAYS_RUNOUT = {">180"},MORTALITY_INTERVAL = {"<180"} 

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So you think maybe mine works because I have an older version of Qlik?

I will test with them tomorrow and confirm if that works.

Thank you!

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Works perfectly!  How bizarre, but thank you very much for the help!