Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breukelaarj
Contributor
Contributor

Set analysis problem

Hi, I hope someone can tell me if there is a chance I can get my idea to work. Assume a table with 'ordernumber' and 'orderdate'. From the 'orderdate' a master calendar is created. So a simple calculation would be to count the 'ordernumber'. This way I can view the number of orders placed per timeframe. Assume I want selections on Year and Month. My Master calendar provides this. So I can view the number of orders per month, year combination. If I would also show in my table the number of orders of previous month I can do so by using a function in my expression for current date and calculate back a month. But that is sort of a static view in time, current month versus previous month. What I want is current selected period versus previous selected period. To start simple assume I have to select a month. So if I select March as month my next column would need to show the count of February. I need to use set analysis (assumption) and I need to exclude the month selection from the expression, but how can I use it anyhow to calculate the previous month? I have tried various examples but to no avail. I would be thrilled to have a working solution for above. I would be more thrilled if there was a way to determine the selected period. For example I only select year that it would show the count of the previous year. Hope someone can help me out. Johan Breukelaar

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

alexandros17

There is an easy way:

assume that your expression for current selected month is

Sum(Sales)

The expression for the previous month is

Sum({$ <month={'$(=getfieldselection(month)-1)'}>} Sales)

unfortunately this expression works from february because if you select january (1) then 1-1 is 0 and no selection will be made for previous period.

Another way could be using the script,

Suppose you have

Calendar:

Load

month,

year

resident myCalendar

Then add the field

Load

month,

Addmonth(makedate(year, month,1), -1) as prevMonth

resident myCalendar

Let me know

ashfaq_haseeb

Hi,

start with attached url to have a bigger picture.

Regards

ASHFAQ