Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis to include a field even when it is filtered out

Hi

I screenshot a report (files attached as well) where I have three straight tables, course, classes and subjects. They were all in one field orginally but I've used a hierarchy to split them into Course Ref (level 1), Class Ref (level 2) and Subject Ref (level 3). Now I can count the enrolments for each, using set analysis on the Type.

The problem is that when I click on a subject, the count of class and course enrolments is lost. This is because there is not subject on the class or course line that I'm actually counting. Is there any way round this using set analysis?

error loading image

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Add a Set Modifier to ignore the selections on the two subject fields in the first two charts:

...,[Subject Name]=,[Subject Ref]=

The expression for the first chart should look like this:

=sum({$<Type= {"C"},[Subject Name]=,[Subject Ref]=>}[Enrolment Counter])

That will ignore the selections on the Subject fields, but respect all other selections.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

use {1} (and not $), so you don't apply the current selections. Make your own selections with set analysis

Not applicable
Author

Add a Set Modifier to ignore the selections on the two subject fields in the first two charts:

...,[Subject Name]=,[Subject Ref]=

The expression for the first chart should look like this:

=sum({$<Type= {"C"},[Subject Name]=,[Subject Ref]=>}[Enrolment Counter])

That will ignore the selections on the Subject fields, but respect all other selections.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that worked perfectly