Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set up a bookmark to control visibility of sheets - mixed with preselected values in fields

Hi,

sorry for that confusing subject.- it is hard to describe in one sentence what the issue is.

I have a single application that consists of two modules. Both are integrated into Salesforce, each of them has an own tab there. When clicking on the tab 'A', a bookmark of module 'A' of my application is applied and only certain sheets are shown.

For example, when clicking 'A', only the sheets '1' and '2' are visible, when clicking 'B' only sheet '3' is visible.

This is realized by a hidden Inputbox, that contains a variable called ACCOUNT_VIEW. Depending on its value ('0' or '1'), the sheets of either 'A' or 'B' are displayed, and that variable value is stored in the bookmark. Working fine so far.

Now I implemented two date related filter Listboxes (for the month and the fiscal year) and added OnOpen triggers for the document that shall preselect the current month and FY (in module 'B'). This is working fine, too, But now I discovered, that those two field values are stored in the bookmark of 'B', too. After the month changed, the month still stays May and not changes to June, so I assume that the stored bookmark value overrides the trigger.

Initially, I checked the 'Include Selections in bookmarks' option and I assume that this is causing the issue. I didn't check the 'Make bookmarks apply on top of current selection' by the way.

If I create new bookmark and uncheck the 'Include Selections in bookmarks' option, the control of the visibility ('A' vs 'B') does not work anymore, meaning 'B' does not do anything.

Hope that my issue is understandable from the text... 😕

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I tried to create a new BM without having those two new fields selected. But then the open event trigger does not select anything, too. So I assume that's still a side effect of the BM, right?

Not applicable
Author

I created a small example, perhaps it is easier to understand my problem than with my large text :-).

Target is to preselect the current month on Sheet1 when opening the QVW.

Thanks for any hints and help.

Not applicable
Author

Anyone?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I did not go through your long text. I saved your doc sheet1 opened; closed app; re-opened, and it worked. Don't you need this?

Not applicable
Author

I have an OnOpen trigger implemented to set the field 'Abschlusstermin.P' on Sheet1 (alternate state used) to the current month. This is not working when I use bookmarks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I did not get you. How are OnOpen trigger and bookmark related?

Not applicable
Author

First, I implemented an OnOpen trigger to preselect the current month. This worked. Then I set a new bookmark that (depending on what I checked during creation) either saves the current 'forever' (still preselecting May although it's June meanwhile), or does not preselect anything at all.

Not applicable
Author

Do you understand my problem now?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not exactly. When you open the application, one field gets selected by a trigger. Now with that selection you select something more and create a BM. In such case, the BM actually holds both the selections. Now, please explain what you want it to behave like.