Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

Set user permissions on QMC

Hi , experts

I'm new to qlikview

Does anyone knows how to set user's permission on QMC ? for example , user A can only access A.qvw when he sign in AccessPoint .

plz tell me in detail  ,any answer would be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

The first point is:

Go to tab System->Setup->QlikView servers->security

• And in the option Authorization exist 2 options, if your license is Enterprise you can select the option DMS
  • Then you need to select the tab Documents->User documents->select your APP-> Authorization->and select the users that you need to enter in the App

If your license is the type small you don’t select the option DMS and the security that you need to use is NTFS:

• You need to go to the app in the folder that you have in your windows server
  • Select the app and click right and select the option properties
  • Select the tab security
  • You need to add the all users and you need to deny the permission to enter in the app or available the permission

If you see the easier option is the security DMS, if you have available it.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

In QMC go to Documents tab

Select the document of your interest, on right select Document CALs and configure the users that will have access to the document

Regards

Gennaro

Not applicable

The first point is:

Go to tab System->Setup->QlikView servers->security

• And in the option Authorization exist 2 options, if your license is Enterprise you can select the option DMS
  • Then you need to select the tab Documents->User documents->select your APP-> Authorization->and select the users that you need to enter in the App

If your license is the type small you don’t select the option DMS and the security that you need to use is NTFS:

• You need to go to the app in the folder that you have in your windows server
  • Select the app and click right and select the option properties
  • Select the tab security
  • You need to add the all users and you need to deny the permission to enter in the app or available the permission

If you see the easier option is the security DMS, if you have available it.

Regards

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thank you  gennaro,

i can't find Document CALs ,maybe because i'm in NTFS mode , my license type is SBE

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III
Author

good !

i follow you step (NTFS) and it works

but here is another question, user can't open the file which i limited but he can see it when he logn in , is that possible to make the user can't see the file in AccessPiont ?

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III
Author

oh sorry , my mistake

it disappeared after i delete the browsing history , maybe it is cache or something

thank you Gerardo , have a good day !