Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting a field based on another field

I know there is an easy way to do this but I can't figure it out.  When selecting a value in a list box from one field I want that same value selected in a different field.  I was looking into a document trigger but that doesn't seem to be the place to do this.  Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I just tried it and it worked fine from Settings > Document Properties > Triggers tab > Field Event Triggers.

You just add an "OnSelect" action on Field1 (where you'll select the value): "Select in field".

Then in the "Field" zone you type the name of the 2nd field as it is, and in the "Search String" zone you type =Field1.

Is that the way you were trying to do it ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I just tried it and it worked fine from Settings > Document Properties > Triggers tab > Field Event Triggers.

You just add an "OnSelect" action on Field1 (where you'll select the value): "Select in field".

Then in the "Field" zone you type the name of the 2nd field as it is, and in the "Search String" zone you type =Field1.

Is that the way you were trying to do it ?

Not applicable
Author

JP - Perfect explanation and works like a charm.  I was 90% there but couldn't figure out exactly what to put in the "Select in field" expressions.  Your help is greatly appreciated!