Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting default value at reload

Basically I would like to set a date selection field (DATA_TS) to the latest date of the last data reload.  I thought the first step would be to create a variable trigger, such as:

Settings --> Document Properites --> Triggers --> OnPostReload

Variable: vMaxDate     Value: =MAX(DATA_TS)

This does not seem to work as the value in vMaxDate is not getting set to the most recent date loaded.  Seems I need to get this part figured out first.  Next I need to understand how to get this date to become the only selection criteria for DATA_TS, i.e. overriding whatever value or values were selected for DATA_TS prior to the reload. 

All help appreciated.

Regards,

Lew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

to select max value in DATA_TS field after every reload, use Select in Field Action Trigger OnPostReload

in Document properties: Field: DATA_FS, Value: max({1} DATA_TS)

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

to select max value in DATA_TS field after every reload, use Select in Field Action Trigger OnPostReload

in Document properties: Field: DATA_FS, Value: max({1} DATA_TS)

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks qlik_techie -- it worked!

Regards,

Lew

Not applicable
Author

Hi qlik_techie,

I've migrated my Dashboard from the desktop client to Qlikview Server.  Nothing has changed with my qvw, but the reloads of course now occur in the Server.  On the Server it seems this setting value OnPostReload is not working :-s   Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lew

Not applicable
Author

Seems I've got my answer from Qlikview Support.  The OnPostReload Trigger does not work with Server/Publisher reloads, it only works on Manual reloads in the QV Client.  I'm told the OnOpen Trigger does work in the Server, so will be trying that shortly.

Not applicable
Author

Are u looking at the application from browser other than IE ?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I am using IE.  Also, this OnOpen Trigger solution suggested by Qlikview does not work; in fact no default is getting set now