Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting up security with Active Directory - is it Section Access or in the QlikView Server?

Hi all,

How can a large organisation align their QlikView application to have security that is the same as their logins for computers?

E.g. We want to set-up users so that the applications require same login ID's and passwords as what they use to login into the company network.

How can that be approached?

16 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can apply Section Access based on NTName. Even more secure, you can apply file system security on document level, however you will still need section access in case you want to reduce the dataset based on the user.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use AD for authentication only. Section Access can use AD to authenticate users and then apply the authorizations that you've defined in some source table. That authorizations table can be an excel file, a database table or an inline table defined in the script.

See this document for more information about section access: Introduction to Section Access

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go for section access with NT authorization

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We have over 400 users in an AD group which we need to give access to.  Is it possible to add this group to the Document Cal's list and tick the 'Allow Dynamic Cal Assignment' box?  I have tried this but my users are getting error messages  : 

'Access Denied. The Server (servname) has no UserCal for your account.  Please contact your system administrator'

The only way a user has managed to access the document is if I put them in as an individual.

Any help appreciated!!

Best Wishes

Not applicable
Author

Did you check also Allow license lease?

Not applicable
Author

where can I find this?

Hi I have just seen that this is already checked in QMC

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Should be just above 'Allow Dynamic Cal Assignment'.

In QMC, System -> Licenses -> QlikView Server -> CALs -> General

Not applicable
Author

Can you also check if any of the people which are in the Assigned CALs get this error. Or the error is for all the other users?

As I see, you have all your Named CALs assigned.

Not applicable
Author

I believe all those with named cals can access the document. As a test I asked a colleague with named cal to access it - he could.  Also, I unchecked Allow Dynamic Cal Assignment and he could still access it.

Thanks,

Tom