Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Conditional problem? / Performance problem?

Hi all,

To make it easier for me to describe my problem I'v attached a demo application.

I have four variables used to control what objects are visible for the user.

In the first row I have two layers of text objects to show active and inactive button.  In the second row I have four layers of objects.

In the real application it sometimes happens that object that should be visible is not and vice versa even if the variables that control it has it's right value.

It’s like the variables get the right values but the object with Show Conditional does not react to that.

Anyone?

Best Regards
// Fjalar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

After testing I now know that this happens when the CPU usage is near 100%.  Performance problem

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello!

Here it looks OK.

There are some specific situation that the error occurs, or is randomly?

Regards,

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

Hi

The attached application was only for explanation.  This happens randomly!  It's like when you click an object it sets the variables correct but the object with the Show conditional do not react.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It actually reacts properly. But the issue here is: there are many textboxes(perhaphs 4*4=16) overlapped. Check it.

For "1 a) text..." textbox there are four similar textboxes with different enabling conditions(1/2/3/4), so for any case one them would be visible while you would feel that it never hides. However, for one textbox in the front, three others are hidden.

Not applicable
Author

The application I attached works as it should, only attached for explanation.  But in the real application it does not in radomly occasions. 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

So, is there any way to reproduce the issue? Because random behavior seems not very convincing.

Not applicable
Author

Since it is a random behavior, so it is guess. You can play around with below Layer settings for your objects.

Thanks,

Singh

Not applicable
Author

No it's not possible to reproduce the issue.  Is it possible that this could be some kind of a performance problem?  The variables gets their values but the objects dont reload properly?

Not applicable
Author

After testing I now know that this happens when the CPU usage is near 100%.  Performance problem