Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posywang
Creator
Creator

Show/hide partial sum

Hi,

We got a user request to allow users to show/hide partial sum on particular dimension they select. I created duplicate dimensions in pivot table and assigned conditional by using a variable to show/hide dimension with or without partial sum enabled. However, I still haven't figured out a smart way to let user show/hide dimension on particular dimension they select. I don't want to create many show/hide buttons to control each dimension. Sample QVW is attached. Thanks!

11 Replies
posywang
Creator
Creator
Author

This is awesome! I removed vShow from script since we really don't need it. Can you please let me know what is the logic behind the expression below? Trying to understand your script so I can leverage the same technique in the future. Many thanks for your help!

SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(_dimension2, '|,|', 1000) & '|', $(=Chr(39) &'|' & FirstSortedValue(_dimension,_dimensionPosition,1) & '|' & Chr(39))) = 1

sunny_talwar

Short answer is that it is checking if you have selected one of the _dimensions2 which is also selected in _dimension. For more details

I am collecting all selections in _dimension2 using GetFieldSelections. The pipes are just there to make it Robust, because at times you may have a selection which is a subset of another selection. For example if you have Category and SubCategory, things get bad if you don't use the pipes. To see what the difference is, try two text boxes

1) ='|' & GetFieldSelections(_dimension2, '|,|', 1000) & '|'

2) =GetFieldSelections(_dimension2, ',', 1000)

The next part is just using the dimension from your _dimension pick and checking if any of those are also selected in _dimension2 using SubStringCount. When selected, the output equals 1, when not selected, output equals 0.

HTH

Best,

Sunny