Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show min and max date for individual project

Hello community,

I have projects that have start (SOP) and end dates (EOP) - in a bar chart how can I write the Label Expression so that each project is shown with it's own start and end date when hovering over it?

At the moment I have: =Min(Date(SOP)) &' - ' & Max(Date(EOP))  which doesn't lookup the dates for each individual project but shows the overall min and max dates.

I can't get the set analysis right.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

9 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Please check enclosed file.This will give you idea...

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the sample Manish.

Almost perfect. How can I get rid of the =29.11.1904 which I believe comes from the Definition of the Expression: =Max(Date(EOP))-Min(Date(SOP)) - I put a blank in the Label but it didn't work.

project.PNG.png

I have everything unchecked in the Display Options (Besides 'Bar')

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like This ?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Have you tried as per my 2nd reply?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Manish,

sorry for the delay.

I should add that I've built a gantt-chart using the "Bar-Offset" property but I don't see why this shouldn't work.

I copied your expression and changed the Sum(Sales) back to "=Max(Date(EOP))-Min(Date(SOP))"

but without luck.

Attached you'll find a little sample with what I have.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

In expression

For Label >> untick values on data points

For INFO >> Tick Values of data points

Not applicable
Author

but now I have the dates as a label instead of the project but I need it the other way around -> project name right of the bar and then both dates when hovering over one bar.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Enclosed.

Not applicable
Author

Perfect! Thank you very much.