Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

Show the month on a fiscal week

Hello all,

I am hoping that you can help me, I am currently working with some data that has weeks 1-52 but it runs from April-March... I have the weeks and year, but I would like to show what month it belongs to. How is best to do this?

You're help is most appreciated!!!

Kind Regards,
Dayna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Yes i have. Since a week has always seven days you can simply add 12 weeks to the calendarweek and create your bookweekno. For example:

month(makeweekdate(Year,Week+12) as bookweekno

Dont worry about i.e. a value of 60 for Week because the makeweekdate function will treat this as a whole year and 8 weeks.

In your case you can sort on bookweekno so forget about my remark about week 53 in my last post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

you have a lot of options........sometimes i use a excel files with From-To and use a both calendar in application.....

or depends your problem you can do that in script by IF or Case....

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Danya,

Maybe this example is helpful.

Table:
LOAD
Year,
Week,
Month(makeweekdate(Year,Week)) as Month
FROM table.xls

Keep in mind that your listbox will probably display week 53 in a wrong way. If so, dont use the weekno's from the transaction table but create a calendar table which you sort on weekno. Sort the list box on load order.

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Tjeerd,

That's perfect for normal weeks, but unfortunately week one for me starts in April.. Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Dayna

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Yes i have. Since a week has always seven days you can simply add 12 weeks to the calendarweek and create your bookweekno. For example:

month(makeweekdate(Year,Week+12) as bookweekno

Dont worry about i.e. a value of 60 for Week because the makeweekdate function will treat this as a whole year and 8 weeks.

In your case you can sort on bookweekno so forget about my remark about week 53 in my last post.

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Perfect!! Thank you so much!!