Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show todays amount of users and yesterdays amount of users

Hey everyone,

Im trying to create 2 text objects with 2 expressions.

1st. Count the amount of users of today (by using the Today() function).

2nd. Count the amount of users of yesterday (by using the Date(Today()-1) function).

For example:

If I look at the objects today (10-02-2017) I can see 5 users today and the text

object with the amount of users of yesterday shows 6.

Then if I look at the same objects the next day, I want to see the amount of users of that day (11-02-2017)
and the 5 users of yesterday (10-02-2017).

I hope someone can help me out with this problem

Thanks in advance,

Ivo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Within my suggestion is a small typo which needs to be corrected - the square bracket must be a curved bracket (which also caused the red-lines by the field User_ID from the syntax-checker):

count({< Date = {"$(=today())"}>} User)

count({< Date = {"$(=date(today()-1))"}>} User)

Beside this make sure that Date is really a date and not a timestamp - if it it needs to be cut with floor() - and that Date has the same formatting as your default date-formatting defined by the variables with which your script starts. If this format is different from Date you need to adjust either this variable or extend the date-function within the set analysis to your needed format, like: date(Date, 'YourDateFormat').

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could get it with:

count({< Date = {"$(=today())"}>] User)

count({< Date = {"$(=date(today()-1))"}>] User)

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for the reply, but both expressions give me a 0 count and I'm totally sure that the logfiles show use on today and yesterday. I also had a problem with the syntax when I copied your lines of expressions.

2017-02-13_7-18-31.png2017-02-13_7-18-57.png

Note: I changed 'User' to 'User_ID', because that is how the User is defined in my tool.

marcus_sommer

Within my suggestion is a small typo which needs to be corrected - the square bracket must be a curved bracket (which also caused the red-lines by the field User_ID from the syntax-checker):

count({< Date = {"$(=today())"}>} User)

count({< Date = {"$(=date(today()-1))"}>} User)

Beside this make sure that Date is really a date and not a timestamp - if it it needs to be cut with floor() - and that Date has the same formatting as your default date-formatting defined by the variables with which your script starts. If this format is different from Date you need to adjust either this variable or extend the date-function within the set analysis to your needed format, like: date(Date, 'YourDateFormat').

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

This worked, Thanks!

It was indeed a problem with the timestamp. I changed the date field to a date field that had a normal notation instead of a timestamp notation.