Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing Status Changes on a timeline

Hello

i have a log db with information on status.

I want to present this information on a timeline in a chart.

Unfortunately the chart shows only the status info in groups. Which dimention or sorting is missing so it shows is correctly?

Thx in advance

Status.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So i figured it out:

the dimention should be as proposed by swuehl <timestamp>

the formula itself is sum(duration). In the example by swuehl 1 is used as formula - a suppose this can be done when your dimention and the granulatity of the data is the same.

in my case (dynamic length of a status) it was not possible to achieve like this as i would have needed the data on the granularity of 1 minute..

I hope it helps somebody for the furure:

Status2.jpg

p.s: dont forget to sort the timestamp.

cheers //chesterluck

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Unable to understand your requirement, kindly explain with detail and if possible share sample data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Your dimension should be a date or timestamp related to your status, maybe the Start field?

And have a look maybe in something like

Re: Complex timeline.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So i figured it out:

the dimention should be as proposed by swuehl <timestamp>

the formula itself is sum(duration). In the example by swuehl 1 is used as formula - a suppose this can be done when your dimention and the granulatity of the data is the same.

in my case (dynamic length of a status) it was not possible to achieve like this as i would have needed the data on the granularity of 1 minute..

I hope it helps somebody for the furure:

Status2.jpg

p.s: dont forget to sort the timestamp.

cheers //chesterluck