Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing all values for a month, even days when no activity

I am supposed to display a bar chart showing the activity for a product by each day. However, there are many days a month when there is no activity. I thought I could handle it like this:

1 - Create a INLINE table of "ActionDay" from 1 to 30

2 - In my script, I use the following  SQL code: DATEDIFF(Day,LicenseCreated,GETDATE()) As "ActionDay"

3 - I have "UNQUALIFY ActionDay;" as a line in my script.

In my chart, I have as the dimension "If(ActionDay<=30,ActionDay,Null())", and I have checked both Suppress When Value is Null, and Show All Values.

For my expression, I have "if(IsNull(Count(LicenseCreated)),0,Count(LicenseCreated))", and I have unchecked Suppress Zero Values on the Presentation tab.

Yet, I still see data for only those days when Licenses were created; the other days don't show up at all. I tried changing it to a table instead of a chart, and made sure "Suppress Missing" and "Suppress Zero" were UNchecked on the Presentation tab, and that didn't work either.

Any thought?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Michael. I stumbled on the following, and it works:

If(IsNull(aggr(count(CurrDocs.LRD_Created)+count(CurrLicense.LICD_Created),RegisterAge)),0,aggr(count(CurrDocs.LRD_Created)+count(CurrLicense.LICD_Created),RegisterAge))

Frankly, I thought I had what you showed in your second example, but it wasn't working until I added the "aggr" function.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea. ActionDay as dimension and Count({<ActionDay={'<=30'}>}LicenseCreated) as expression should work if you uncheck Suppress Zero-Values on the Presentation tab. You'll have to post your document (or an example that demonstrates the problem). Perhaps setting the Dimension Axis to continuous (on the Axes tab) helps.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kevin,

This is something to resolve on the data modeling rather than chart expressions.  See attached.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On the second thought - it should work without any tricks as well, also attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Michael. I stumbled on the following, and it works:

If(IsNull(aggr(count(CurrDocs.LRD_Created)+count(CurrLicense.LICD_Created),RegisterAge)),0,aggr(count(CurrDocs.LRD_Created)+count(CurrLicense.LICD_Created),RegisterAge))

Frankly, I thought I had what you showed in your second example, but it wasn't working until I added the "aggr" function.