Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing cumulative sum while adding and deleting records

Hi All,

I have the given data.

Want to create a bar chart showing days as dimension and count of site id as a measure. Month and year are given in selection.

My problem is to show, count of site ID based on site live date and site close date.

Suppose, I have 1000 ATM initially on 1st Nov 2016. On 2nd Nov 2016, 200 ATM are added, whereas 100 ATM are closed so it should the show 1000+200-100=1100 site ID. Similarly for all days of Nov month.

I also have the records Showing close date year 2099 which are not closed yet. So, they must be added to all the records.

Thnaks& Regards,

Jyoti

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share the above data in an Excel format?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I have attached the data file. Kindly, look after it.

Thanks in advance.

sunny_talwar

Does this looks like what you are looking to get?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I want day wise data. Total count value should reflect all added records and substract deleted records on that particular day.

sunny_talwar

Just change the dimension to be Date

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I not understanding how interval match will work here.

Could you please explain. In addition to this, how the records are increasing and decreasing in count.

sunny_talwar

Interval match looks for the start and end date and based on this information it determines if a particular ATM_ID is open or closed.... for example

ATM_ID 10 had a date range of 01/01/2017 to 31/03/2017... so based on this information, all dates between 01/01/2017 and 31/03/2017, the ATM_ID will be counted, rest of the dates, it will not be counted.

Does this make sense? Should answer both the questions for you....