Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing first and last of a selected range in a chart title

I have a data range of 2 years. Users of my application may wish to select any month from this or a combination of months and render a Pareto chart based on the date range they select. I would like to have the chart render the first and last months (CalendarMonth) selected in title of the chart (as opposed to ('7 of 24 selected')

Any ideas?

Thanks

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you could use min(YearMonth) and max(YearMonth).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to show the list of selected fields in title please try this expression in  properties->General tap

->Title

=GetFieldSelections(FieldName)

Hope i understand your requirement and this will helps you

Not applicable
Author

=GetFieldSelections(FieldName) will give me back what I select (as expected). It can be modified to provide more or less field selections

Returns a string with the current selections in a field.

ValueSep is the separator to be put between field values. The default is ', '.

Maxvalues is the maximum number of field values to be individually listed. When a larger number of values is selected the format 'x of y values' will be used instead. The default is 6.

Examples

getfieldselections ( Year )

getfieldselections ( Year, '; ' )

getfieldselections ( Year, '; ' , 10 )

What I am specifically looking for is: If a user were to select a range of "CalendarMonths", instead of either the chart showing all the months selected or '7 of 12', I would like to chart to render Jan 2013 - July 2013 (for example)

Not applicable
Author

I have not had success integrating this into =GetFieldSelections(FieldName).......

marcus_sommer

As earlier mentioned the approach from min/max worked generally for your request. It cuold be also combined and formatted, perhaps so: date(min(YOURDATE), 'MMM YYYY') & ' - ' & date(max(YOURDATE), 'MMM YYYY').

Also would be getfieldselections() work, if you pick your first and last item from result, perhaps so: subfield(getfieldselections(Month, '|', 12), '|', 1).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

So, with a little manipulation, and accounting for the possibility that my users would select a single month, I came up with the following...

=if(GetFieldSelections(CalendarMonthName) =1,

GetFieldSelections(CalendarMonthName),

subfield(getfieldselections(CalendarMonthName, '|', 100), '|', 1)

&' - '

&subfield(getfieldselections(CalendarMonthName, '|', 100), '|', GetSelectedCount(CalendarMonthName)

))

Thank you Marcus, your assistance really got me where I needed to go.....