Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing the last or current values on a timeline chart in QV11

Hi,

with one of our QV applications we are reporting application availability and hardware usage on different timeline bar charts. Some of those charts should show the values of the last 14 days, hours, weeks, months or whatever starting from left(past) to present(today).

Now in QV10 this was easy as it was done under the presentation tab (via a checkbox along with the max visible number option) and the sorting tab.

However with QV11 this seems not longer possible. Those settings are now supposed to be made via a new "Dimension Limits" tab, but there I can only select "First", "Largest" and "Smallest" values. But I think would need something like "Last". With my talents I could only change the charts to show either the oldest 14 days or the last days where the timeline was reversed(newest value starting left and oldest on the right).

Any suggestions?

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Should be even easier in v11 with Dimension Limits. Have you tried that?

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Yes, tried that and it didn´t work - I mentioned it in my post but I made a wrong translation of "dimension limits" from our German QV version. First post edited, sorry about that.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ah, OK.  However, in Dimension Limits you can use "Greater than", then Today()-14 or Today()-vVariable, and "Exact Amount".  Will that work for you?

Jason